State Bicentennial Bridge - The Blaine Hill Bridge
The Blaine Hill Bridge, spanning the Wheeling Creek in Belmont County, is Ohio’s oldest sandstone bridge. Built in 1828 as part of the National Road project, the 345-foot long bridge is considered one of the most historically and architecturally significant structures in Ohio. After being closed to traffic in 1994, the bridge underwent reconstruction and is now an historical site. The bridge received the state symbol honor in 2002.